Sunday

(Finally) Paris, Best Looks AW 10/11




A.F. VANDERVORST

These knee cap boots are GENIUS and I found this collection riveting (no pun intended :P)



ANN DEMEULEMEESTER




ANNE VALERIE HASH







BALENCIAGA

Nicolas Ghesquiere is a bit of a genius really. His clothes are always so different and totally quirky and I love that. You never know what you're going to get from one season to the next. I didn't like the first bunch of looks for this collection but I really appreciate his ideas and the last looks were great. Plus the shoes are SO fun. Always.






BALMAIN

Yes, the shapes Chris Decarnin has sent out this season are not very different from the last few seasons. Yes, he probably shouldn't have sent out the power shoulder look again. Yes, his collections are not terribly innovative. And heck YES I love it all.



CACHAREL

I miss the old Cacharel :(



CELINE

I like the tails on these two dresses but generally I'm finding it hard to get excited about this collection.




CHLOE'

Paired back beige. Paired back browny/beige. Paired. Back. Beige. Holy shit. Can someone slap Hannah MacGibbon please. This is getting ridiculous. And that's not in a good way.





DIOR

The last look is more for the back of the dress in the background. Lush.



COLLETTE DINNIGAN



EMANUEL UNGARO

I'm probably the only person who's admitting that there were SOME pieces in this collection were not too bad. :P .......OR I just have bad taste haha



GARETH PUGH

I prefer Gareth's more understated, less "Matrix-Style" pieces.




GIVENCHY

It wasn't instant love with this collection like it was for me with the SS10 and Resort collections but I do see a lot of great stuff here. It's really interesting that both Riccardo Tisci and Nicolas Ghesquiere did that zipped open pant look. Coincedence?



HAIDER ACKERMANN

Probably if I'd seen this collection at the beginning of Fall 10/11 I would have been frothing over it. It's good but all I feel like saying is, "Oh yeah....cool......um, yeah." It all gets a bit old when you've seen too much of it. Even a good collection like this.



HERMES




ISABEL MARANT

I always wanted cropped pants to come back in fashion....Serious!



ISSEY MIYAKE



LANVIN

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......Huh? Oh! The show's over? I hadn't noticed! :P (just kidding folks).




LIMI FEU



MANISH ARORA

This collection was insane to say the least. Totally awesome in its craziness. A lot of the clothes were not flattering but who cares when they're so fun to look at. The shoes were great too.





MIU MIU

I like this collection more than last season's, which everyone went bonkers for. I just love the detailing here, its so CUTE. Pockets are my weakness (Pockets are back in a big way it seems as also seen at Celine etc.) and scallop edges too are a favourite. I mean, I'm not super girly but I love these kind of details. And I love the colours.





NEIL BARRETT

I wanted to show this mainly because of the wrist cuffs. So cool, I love these. I love the styling here too. It's like they dipped into a runway model's closet for these clothes. This is exactly how they dress, no?




ROLAND MOURET



SONIA RYKIEL



STELLA MCCARTNEY

So I guess Stella decided to head down the "simple chic" path this season? I know minimal chic is the "thing" to do right now, but seriously *YAWN* It's getting a bit beyond chic and simple and heading into BORING territory don't you think? Hopefully you'll be back in form next season, Stella.




TSUMORI CHISATO

Such a cute theme: Genie in a bottle+Alladin+Circus.






VANESSA BRUNO

Now I can't help thinking this is the collection Stella should have come up with. Instantly these looks have so much more character and beauty about them. Adore this collection.



WUNDERKIND


IMAGE SOURCE: style.com

No comments: