Friday

Top Looks from New York AW 10, Day 1

I'm going to look through all the NY AW 10 runway shows every day and pick out what I feel are the best looks....If there's no pics from a show I either couldn't find pictures or I didn't like anything :S



BCBG

While these looks are a bit too dressy for me (I prefer casual looks) I'm sure they could be toned down with boots and jackets etc but I love the asymmetrical shapes (am a bit surprised to hear myself EVER say that again but I really am loving asymmetry right now) and the colours are nice too.



SHIPLEY & HALMOS

I liked these looks mainly because they're a bit random and the styling is quirky which is fun.



CUSHNIE ET OCHS

I just love knitwear and braiding/plaits, 'nuff said! The 2nd look is mod hot tho. Love it.




KIMBERLY OVITZ

Asymmetry, draping, casual, grey, white, black, layering, crop tops, braiding = Yes. ♥



VENA CAVA

Not much to say here, these are the only looks I liked and I DO like them. Mainly I liked the 2nd look for the detailing.


ERIN WASSON x RVCA

These are casual and cool. Erin Wasson's last collection was...horrendous, so this is a nice step up but not as cool as Kimberly Ovitz.



JEN KAO

Darn, Jen Kao, her last collection was HIT and this is just miss miss miss. I only liked this one look. Not happy about that becos I wanted to like it all. It was too futuristic (which is boring right now) and Star Trekky or something. Blah.


L.A.M.B

I thought this was pretty clever. Do NOT like it paired with the boots and it DOES seem to be trying to be a bit "Rodarte" but neverthless, I like the collar/shoulder detail.



TONI MATICEVKSI

Toni obviously likes to make "red carpet" looks. Some of these are really pretty too. Some of his looks were a bit confusing but these I liked a lot. Elegant but youthful.


RICHARD CHAI

Layering, grungey, sequins, grey, casual.....I'm on a roll here. You'll see! I'll probably be sick of it soon.


Image Source: style.com

No comments: