Saturday

Top Looks from New York AW 10, Day 7 & 8




WILLIAM RAST



TORY BURCH



TEMPERLEY LONDON

These shoes are so simple yet so lovely.



REED KRAKOFF




PROENZA SCHOULER

I'm assuming Proenza Schouler got good reviews this season? I haven't read any reviews yet so I can only guess. It wasn't a very daring collection for them, but it hit all the right notes: Young, hip, skinny, bright splash prints, mini dresses....Can't complain!



MILLY




MARCHESA

The first look looks almost like a henna tattoo, I love its ethereality. The 2nd look could probably be seen as tacky but I think it's cute/clever with the embroidered horses. The blue dress is pure hottness, especially on that model and the 4th look is just too beautiful. I adore it. The stockings as well.



NANETTE LEPORE




JEREMY SCOTT

Another fun/crazy (but not as crazy as other seasons) Jeremy Scott show. I like how the last look mimicks stained glass




ALEXANDRE HERCHCOVITCH

Punk slash medievil or...something?! Totally different to anything else, which is awesome. Therefore I found myself liking this collection quite a bit.



ANNA SUI

I like Anna Sui but let's face it, she does the same looks every season. Pretty, printed, peasant dresses (say that 3 times fast!) with clashing stockings and boots. Same old shit, different day. But she does it so well.....




3.1 PHILLIP LIM



TOMMY HILFIGER

I had to post these looks because these boots are epic.




RALPH LAUREN

I've always liked the bohemian look for winter. SO beautiful!




PARIS68

This is the 2nd (or 3rd?) time I've seen this blanket-slung-over-the-right-shoulder-look. I like it.



DAVIDELFIN



CALVIN KLEIN

I GET that Calvin Klein is minimalist chic. I GET that it's tailored nicely. I get all that. But still, season after season, do we really give a shit if Francisco Costa sends another bland shift dress with a few folds in it down the runway? Well I certainly don't. *YAWN* But hey that's just my not so humble opinion. These looks are nice enough but plain enough to not really warrant posting. I just felt like ranting!

No comments: